Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes
Ecomdash: A Quick Look
15 Days Free
SaaS (Cloud Web App)
Less than 100 orders a month - $60/month or $576/year
101 to 500 orders a month - $90/month or $864/year
501 orders to 1k a month - $135/month or $1,296/year
1001 orders to 3k a month - $190 a month or $1,824 a year
3001 to 6k orders a month - $250/month or $2,400 a year
6001 to 10k orders a month - $350/month or $3,360 a year
More than 10k orders a month - Enterprise option (by price quote)
Amazon US, UK, CA, JP, DE, ES, FR, IN, & IT
Key Features Summary
Multiple sales channels management, Inventory automation, free upgrades, data syncing, highly-informative dashboard, excellent user support
eBay, Bonanza, Etsy, Groupon, GunBroker, Houzz, Jet, Newegg, Rakuten, Sears, Walmart, Deliverr, DHL, Endicia, Fulfllment by Amazon, FedEx, Pitney Bowes, Stamps.com, UPS, USPS, Google Shopping, Mail Chimp, 3dcart, Amazon Webstore, BigCommerce, Magento, Shopify, Vend, WooCommerce, ZenCart, Quickbooks, Xero
Compare to Similar Products
What Is Ecomdash?
Founded by Kevin Loomis and Laura Bell Greeno in 2013, Ecomdash is a multichannel inventory management software solution geared towards small and mid-sized sellers. It provides users a unified platform from which they can easily manage inventory, product listings, sales orders, shipping and fulfillment. Known for their dedication to supporting the growth of small businesses, Ecomdash has processed over $3 billion in sales orders and currently manages over 35 million SKUs.
Let’s Talk Features
Inventory Management Software
- Track and sync inventory quantities in near-real time across all warehouses and sales channels
- Unique and convenient product SKU mapping system
- Set custom alerts for low inventory levels that work with set inventory reorder rules at product or warehouse level
- Multiple warehouse management
- Tracking of manufactured/hand-made items
- Management of complicated inventory items such as bundles and multipacks
Order Management Software
- Sales order management across an unlimited number of sales channels
- Streamlined accounting
- Order fulfillment workflow automation
- FBA integration
- Order fulfillment across multiple warehouses
- Dropshipping automation
Dropshipping Automation Software
- Multiple supplier management
- Product data syncing – list products to multiple sales channels and product quantity updates
- Product tracking via SKU mapping
- Dropship order fulfillment automation
- Automated shipment tracking updates
Amazon FBA Management Software (Multi Channel Fulfillment)
- Inbound shipment tracking
- Multichannel order routing
- Multiple warehouse management
Multichannel Listing Tool
- Fast account setup
- Centralized platform to manage listings across all sales channels
- Bulk upload and editing functionality (up to 250 listings at a time)
- Data entry automation via creation of listing templates
Shipping Management Software
- Centralized platform to manage shipping
- Multiple carrier management (FedEx, UPS, DHL and USPS via Endicia, Pitney Bowes and Stamps.com)
- Time-efficient workflow automation
- In-house and outsourced fulfillment location management
- Shipping discounts via Pitney Bowes and Stamps.com
Purchase Order Software
- Intuitive restock forecast report facilitates smart inventory planning
- Shipment tracking
- Streamlined accounting
- Easy Purchase Order Creation
- Product quantity sync when orders are received
- Average Landed Cost tracking
Sales Reporting System
- Over 40 business health reports (Inventory Valuation, Inventory Forecasts, Sales and Revenue, Profitability, etc.) to help monitor sales trends, optimize inventory planning and simplify taxes
Open Ecommerce API
- Build integrations to more marketplaces
- Easy supply chain management
- Build your own ecommerce solution through Ecomdash’s developer portal and accelerate time to market
What We Love about It – The Pros
This is where Ecomdash sets itself apart from its competitors. Currently, there is no other software solution with this level of functionality available at this price point, which makes it ideal for smaller multichannel sellers. Ecomdash utilizes an order volume-based pricing structure and its plans range from $60/month (for less than 100 orders) to $350/month (for up to 10K orders, above this amount, users will need a custom account). Ecomdash is very affordable, and its well-thought-out pricing structure actually helps subscribers save money over time as it scales according to your budget and business needs.
We also love that an unlimited number of users can use the software, and all the features are available in all plan tiers. Ecomdash offers a free 15-day trial period, but take note that if you decide to get Ecomdash, there is a $99 onboarding assistance fee.
Its Excellent Feature Set
It’s just amazing how broad the feature set of Ecomdash is. Loaded with features such as inventory, order and shipping management tools, automation bots, analytics, and an extensive integrations library, it really provides everything you need to run multiple storefronts easily and efficiently. Powered by its award-winning inventory management software, Ecomdash can address virtually every operational demand a multichannel retail business has through its powerful inventory monitoring, order management, and shipping administration capabilities. Feature-wise, it’s almost on par with enterprise-focused software solutions like Stitch Labs and Skubana. Trust us, its feature set is that impressive.
Its Extensive Integrations Library
Like most leading platforms, Ecomdash seamlessly integrates with a large number of accounting apps (Xero and Quickbooks), shipping and fulfillment services (DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.), shopping carts and third-party marketplaces (Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Etsy, etc.). Check out their full integrations library here. However, Ecomdash’s integrations library has some noteworthy features which make it exceptional:
- It supports accounting apps Quickbooks and Xero, unlike Skubana which doesn’t provide in-house accounting connectors.
- It integrates with SPS commerce, giving users instant access to a massive network of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) connections and more than 90K retail entities without having to configure or update anything.
- It integrates with dropshipping providers like Hicks and the Wholesale House. This is ideal for sellers who wish to expand their product line to reach more customers.
- It supports smaller ecommerce platforms and site builders like Sitey and Sitebuilder.com.
What We’re Not Crazy About – The Cons
The Clunky Interface
Sorry Ecomdash, but we feel the interface needs some improvement. It’s outdated, a bit disorganized, and not mobile-friendly at all. Also the software has a high learning curve and it takes some time to get accustomed to the workflows and organization of the input fields.
On the upside, Ecomdash does a great job of providing help and support to new users. They provide an extensive knowledgebase full of informative training tools – a resources library, webinars and regular demos, as well as excellent customer support via phone, email or live chat (Take note that customer support is only available during business hours- 8:00 am to 7:30 pm EST). Also, Ecomdash offers reasonably-priced training programs facilitated by dedicated coaches that cover onboarding support, dropshipping, and backend operations management. To a certain degree, the excellent help and support from Ecomdash offsets the software’s high learning curve.
Reports of Spotty Website Performance
We’ve heard some grumblings about Ecomdash’s website performance. Some users have complained of slow loading times during peak hours and significant lags (particularly in the shipping GUI) which can hamper productivity and be a cause of frustration. Also, there have been complaints about system bugs, and how it takes Ecomdash quite some time in resolving them. The good news is that Ecomdash seems to be on top of this user concern and implemented changes recently to improve website performance.
The Mobile App
Ecomdash offers a mobile app for Android and iOS users, but it only functions as a barcode scanner. That’s pretty much it.
Our Final Take: Should You Get Ecomdash?
Please read before proceeding:
We participate in affiliate programs to fund Seller Spaceship. Some of the links you will find in our articles are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product using our link, we will earn a small commision. This does not, however, come with any additional cost to you, and we guarantee that our reviews will never be based on whether we will earn a commision off a product or not. We stand by our mission to provide objective and informative reviews. That being said, if you do find our product/service review helpful and decide to purchase a product or service we review, we would really appreciate it if you use our links to do so. It will really help the Seller Spaceship team a lot in providing you with awesome content that can hopefully help your business!
However, if you are a small multichannel seller on a budget looking to simplify your ecommerce and inventory management operations, YES. Ecomdash is the inventory and order management solution for you.
Ecomdash is an equalizer, as it provides the level of functionality often reserved for more costly enterprise platforms like Skubana at a price smaller merchants can afford. Aside from being affordable, it is also a scalable solution as it gives you the freedom to choose a plan tier that suits the present needs of your business, and the option to upgrade as your business grows.
If you’d like to see if Ecomdash is the cost-efficient inventory, order and shipping management solution you are looking for, sign up for a 15-day trial. Get a feel of how its features work to understand how it can potentially help your business grow.