Here is your midweek jetpack of Amazon seller news, updates, and other useful clicks for your e-commerce business…
Amazon x Meta:
Although it hasn’t been formally announced (as of writing), Amazon and Meta have entered a partnership which links Facebook and Instagram accounts to Amazon and allows on-platform commerce.
The companies will also share data for ad targeting.
The new feature is basically a one-click checkout on Facebook and Instagram for Amazon. It is already available to a number of users in the U.S., and user opt-in is voluntary.
10 Days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Amazon is wasting no time this holiday season and will be hosting a week-long Black Friday sales event starting November 17, a full week before the actual Black Friday on the 24th. Then, one day later, Amazon will be kicking off a 3-day Cyber Monday event (November 25 to 27).
May your sales go bananas.
Mass Regating Happening?
According to a tweet on November 6 from Arbitrage Ops, random listings across random brands are being regated, with listings under the Shoes category being the hardest hit. Listings under Beauty, Grocery, Sports/Outdoors have also been reportedly deactivated.
According to a user named Phil Jeffcock (sweet name), sellers are facing the following issues:
- Inactive listings due to no stock despite sellers having them
- Sellers being slapped with a Section 3 violation notice requiring them to submit invoices of authentic inventory
- Repeat approval request for previously approved products
- Rejected approval requests due to undisclosed reasons or Amazon saying approval requests not accepted right now
Unfortunately, there is still no word from Amazon as to what is happening. There’s speculation about this mass regating as part of Amazon’s drive against counterfeit products.
Did you get dinged as well?
Amazon VP Is a Swiftie
Amazon senior vice president, David Zapolsky, reportedly quoted Taylor Swift lyrics to acknowledge criticism around FTC allegations and workplace safety:
“The meme of the day, as a very scrutinized company, is to adopt the tao of Taylor Swift: ‘Haters gonna hate’ and you have to ‘shake it off.”
On a more serious note, Zapolsky expressed his confidence that Amazon will be able to avert litigation and told Reuters that Amazon’s tactics are absolutely defensible.
The FTC has accused Amazon of using a price gouging algorithm, forcing sellers to use its logistics and fulfillment services, and even sabotaging its own sellers and competitors in order to operate as a monopoly.
AI Caramba! This Week in AI + Ecomm
- Alibaba Launches “Aidge”: an AI-powered suite of APIs to streamline its global commerce operations.
- Amazon Developing New Conversational AI Software: Known internally as “Olympus,” it is expected to enhance the marketplace shop and empower features within Alexa, Echo, and the support division.
Important Amazon Updates for Yo’ Bad Seller Self
Internal Amazon Courses for Holiday Selling
Amazon is now offering brand new educational resources for the upcoming holiday selling spree:
- Reach More Shoppers with Deals and Coupons
- Promote Your Products with Deals, Events and More
- Drive Brands and Product Discoverability
- 3-Step Guide on Advertising to Boost Seasonal Sales
New: Customer Analytics Dashboard
If you have a Brand registered on Amazon, you can now segment and re-engage customers based on their purchasing behavior in the past with the new Customer Loyalty Analytics Dashboard.
Learn more here.
New: Brand Registry Educational Hub
Amazon just launched the Brand Registry Educational Hub, a new resource that provides information about Brand Registry benefits, Brand Registry enrollment, and access to Brand Registry services.
Enrollment in Sustainability Solutions Hub Programs Now Open
Resources that can help you create more sustainable products for customers are now available on the Sustainability Solutions Hub.
You may also now enroll your products in Amazon’s sustainability programs such as:
- Climate Pledge Friendly
- Ship in Product Packaging
- Amazon Renewed
View the full announcement here.
This Week in Seller School
Here is a roundup of learning resources for this week:
- A Guide on How to Get Permission to Sell Brands on Amazon by seller interactive
- Black Friday Amazon Selling Guide for 2023 by eStore Factory
- Amazon Banned Keyword List by Optimizon
- Fighting Counterfeits: Understanding the Amazon Transparency Program by Advertisemint
- What is Amazon Inspire? A Comprehensive Guide for for Sellers by sellerapp
- Must-Know Amazon Buy Boy Statistics by Gitnux
- Crushing Black Friday on Amazon by Mommy Income
- Bulletproof your Amazon Listings against Suspensions & Defect Claims in Q4 by eCommerce Chris
- Aged Inventory is Working against Your Amazon Business by The Smartest Amazon Seller
- Best Products to Sell this Q4 from 10 Amazon Sellers by The Next Amazon Top Seller
- How to Become a Storefront Stalking Pro on Amazon by Clear the Shelf
Upcoming Seller Events 📍
Here are a few upcoming industry events that you might be interested in. Slick that hair back and start mingling, playa!
Amazon Ads Webinar: Building Your Brand Identity with Amazon Ads (December 1, 2023) – Virtual
Learn how to increase awareness for your brand with brand-building solutions on Amazon.
Nashville eCommerce Summit (December 12, 2023) – Nashville, TN
“A one-day gathering of local eCommerce experts and decision-makers across retailers, brands, merchants, and solutions providers.
Titan Holiday Party (December 13 – Austin TX; December 15 – Clearwater, FL; December 21- Los Angeles, CA)
“Connect with other sellers, learn from each other, and form real relationships with people who share your goals.”
Other Quick Clicks
- Amazon extends grocery delivery, pickup to non-Prime users
- Walmart, Amazon, and others lost millions of dollars to an organized online refund fraud scheme
- 83 of Amazon’s hottest picks that we’re predicting will be the most wished for items this holiday
- With its attacks on Amazon, the FTC is arguing with itself
- Will Temu topple both Amazon and Dollar Stores?
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, comments or violent reactions, let us know below!
About The Authors